HollandDoor organized, on request of Mr. Pawar, a tailor made study trip to the Dutch agriculture and horticulture during the period of 10-14 July 2016 for a delegation of the government of Maharashtra. Mr. Sharad Pawar and accompanying delegation wanted to get latest information and inspire themselves in a 3-day intensive visit program to Dutch agriculture and horticulture. They wanted to get informed about different production techniques, supply chain models, research & education which are used in the Netherlands.
The Indian population and economy are growing. However amount of available land, its fertility and sustainable usage together with availability and affordable prices of water, fertilizer are challenging topics. India has to produce more with less in coming decades to feed its population. The Netherlands has developed a very efficient agricultural sector and it contains living examples for needed further agricultural development in India. In this perspective, there are many opportunities for Dutch companies and institutes to share their technology, skills, knowledge and networks to get involved in Indian development of Agri and Food business.
- Mr. Sharadchandra Govindroa Pawar (Delegation Leader)
- Mr Pandit Amarsingh Shivajirao (Member and promising leader of Nationalist congress party)
- Mr Munde Dhananjay Pandit (Member- Legislative council, Maharashtra)
- Mr Chavan Satish Bhanudasrao (Member- Legislative council, Maharashtra)
- Mr. Singh (details will follow)
- Mr Raut Satish Dnyandeo (Personal assistant Mr. Sharad Pawar)
For more information, please contact